Planned Boiler Hire To Support University Hot Water Services
- After the ageing boilers on a south coast university’s site needed to be replaced, Cross Rental Services were contacted by a client for a temporary oil fired solution.
- The boiler was to provide heating & hot water for the university’s student accommodation, therefore it was essential that a prompt solution was provided whilst the existing system was turned off.
Cross Rental Services' solution
- After our experienced engineering team surveyed the site, it was decided that a 600kW boiler would be required for the job accompanied by a 600kW heat exchanger to facilitate domestic hot water.
- The boiler installation featured an extended flue which was at least 600mm above the building in order to comply with health & safety regulations.
- Heras fencing was used to protect the boiler and maximise safety for the students moving around the area.
A site survey was arranged on the day of first contact and a solution provided in the following week. The boiler hire is set to last 6 weeks with a possibility of extension.
- Prompt site survey & installation to support minimal client disruption
- All actions complied with Cross’ standard operating procedures & adhered to all health & safety regulations
- Full fuel management for total piece of mind
- Back to business with temporary heating & hot water for a client in need